Wednesday 16 March 2011

DOUBLE BUSINESS BOOST FOR CANTERBURY RETAILER


A Canterbury retailer has boosted its business by appointing a new service manager and a new apprentice technician.

EuroCanterbury Volkswagen has welcomed college leaver, Charlie Alexander, and experienced service manager David Bryen.

Charlie Alexander (17), from Ramsgate, studied mechanics at Thanet College and applied for the apprentice position, after seeing it advertised on the Volkswagen website.

Speaking of his appointment, Charlie said: “I didn’t expect to get invited for an interview but was thrilled when I did because this is my ideal job.

“I’ve always wanted to work with cars and could not believe it when I was offered the job.

“My aim is to become a master technician, ideally with Volkswagen as it’s such a prestigious brand.”

David (43) has 26 years of automotive industry experience and worked across the south east for different automotive brands.

Like Charlie, David started his career as an apprentice, before working his way up the career ladder to service manager.

David said “I’m looking forward to working with all the staff at EuroCanterbury Volkswagen and passing on my knowledge to apprentices like Charlie.”

EuroCanterbury’s brand manager, Kevin Taunton, said: “We are thrilled to welcome David and Charlie to our team.

“I’m sure David will be able to pass on his expertise to all our technicians.

“They both will be great assets to EuroCanterbury’s customers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment