Wednesday 3 November 2010

YOUNGSTERS GIVEN £40,000 CHANCE TO SHINE

Two Cheshire youngsters have been given the opportunity of a lifetime after winning apprenticeships at a Crewe car retailer.

Tom Chadwick (16) from Willaston and Ashley Jones (18) from Nantwich are embarking on a three-year apprenticeship with Crewe Volkswagen after qualifying from an initial 12-month assessment programme.

Over the next three years Crewe Volkswagen will invest nearly £80,000 to train Tom and Ashley through to technician status.
Tom has been involved in car mechanics for many years and is a successful National Autograss racing driver, maintaining and servicing his own car.

He said: “I love all types of vehicles and this is the only job I have ever wanted to do. I am passionate about the Volkswagen brand and I want to go as far in my career as I can.

“I am over the moon to I be given this opportunity and very grateful to Crewe Volkswagen for giving me this chance.”

Ashley, who is equally enthusiastic about the next three years, said: “To be selected to join a prestigious apprenticeship programme is simply brilliant.

“I know it will be hard work, but I’m looking forward to learning from the experienced technicians at the retailer.”

Crewe Volkswagen’s service manager, Scott Cunningham, said: “Tom and Ashley’s passion for cars was one of the main reasons why they’ve been given these places on the apprenticeship programme.

“I’m confident they will come through the three years with flying colours.”

No comments:

Post a Comment