Thursday 11 November 2010

Abridge van centre appoints TV star

A Volkswagen van centre is attracting national fame following the appointment of its new local business executive come part-time actor.

Ian Cuddy, from Chingford, is frequently recognised at Abridge Van Centre after starring in a number of high profile television adverts.

The 48-year-olds latest role features Ian in the popular Volkswagen Golf mk 6 advert ‘Why drive something like a Golf when you can drive a Golf.’

Ian joins the Langston Road van centre with over 12 years commercial vehicle experience and has starred in nine adverts during his acting career, including the 2007 Skoda cake making advert.

The part time actor is delighted to have joined Abridge Volkswagen after promoting the brand in his latest role.

He said: “It’s always great fun making the adverts and my role in the Volkswagen Golf advert has certainly attracted a lot of interest.

“The acting is my hobby which I love to do in my spare time. I don’t know if it’s had an effect on sales but it’s definitely increasing customer enquiries in the van centre, even with the odd few asking for an autograph and picture.

“Aside from that I am really enjoying my latest challenge at Abridge and the team are making me feel very welcome.”

Sales manager at Abridge Volkswagen Van Centre, Wendy Williamson, said: “We have certainly received more than we bargained for when we employed Ian.

“His wealth of experience is proving to be a great asset to the business and his acting fame definitely breaks the ice with new customers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment