Tuesday 30 March 2010

TECHNICIAN GRADUATES WITH FLYING COLOURS

A man from Brooklands is living the dream after passing the first hurdle on his career goal.

Three years of hard work and training have paid off for Steve Flanigan after he graduated from his technician apprenticeship with Gilbert Lawton Volkswagen.

The 20-year-old from joined the Manchester Road retailer straight from school and embarked on the intensive three-year programme to become a fully-qualified Volkswagen technician.

He has always wanted to be a top car technician and is delighted to have passed the apprenticeship. Steve said: “It’s been a tough three years but this is the only job I want to do and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

“There’s a long way to go before I reach my career goal, but passing my apprenticeship is the first major hurdle.

Gilbert Lawton Volkswagen has provided me with the perfect platform to start my career and I can’t thank the company and staff enough for the support I’ve been given.”

Steve now faces another year of on-the-job training to polish his skills in the after-sales workshop.

His next challenge is to qualify as a master technician, a process that will take approximately six years.

Gilbert Lawton Volkswagen’s after sales manager, Mike Davies, said: “Steve has worked diligently during his apprenticeship and fully deserves to have reached technician status.

“He’ll now be able to work on his own on some jobs, but still receive elements of training in order for him to progress further.”

To date Gilbert Lawton has spent over £40,000 training Steve to this level and will continue to invest in his future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment