Wednesday 27 October 2010

£1,000 FOR MONEY SAVING FAMILY

A Nottingham woman has won £1,000, a set of premium tyres and the opportunity to drive in a national car challenge, after been declared the nation’s thriftiest person by a global tyre giant.

Clare Selwood from Netherfield beat hundreds of entries to be declared the nation’s thriftiest driver by Goodyear. Clare and her family told Goodyear almost 100 money saving reasons why they should win the company’s nationwide search.

On Saturday 6th November, the mum will drive Goodyear’s eco vehicle in the Royal Automobile Club’s Brighton to London Future Car Challenge. The Ford Fiesta, equipped with Goodyear’s EfficientGrip tyres, will assist Clare in her bid to win the challenge.

The 60-mile trip that starts at Madeira Drive in Brighton and finishes at London’s Regent Street will see electric, hybrid and low emission vehicles battle it out to complete the journey using the least amount of energy possible.

Clare said: “I can’t believe I won simply because of our family’s money saving ways. I responded to an article in the Nottingham Post but I never expected to win.

“I’m a confident driver and drive our family vehicle in a fuel conscious manner. I’m hoping this will secure me a win for Goodyear.”

Goodyear’s PR support manager, Kate Rock added: “We were extremely impressed with Clare’s resourcefulness. She gave some excellent reasons why she would be the perfect candidate, for example she drives economically by not breaking and accelerating suddenly.”

Clare added: “I plan to fit our car with Goodyear EfficientGrip tyres as soon as possible, as they will help keep our fuel costs down. As for the £1,000 I aim to put this towards solar panels for our home which I have been saving towards for some time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment