Wednesday 20 October 2010

WOLVERHAMPTON APPRENTICE PROVES HIS WORTH

Three years of hard work and training have paid off for Matthew Lloyd after he qualified as a service technician with Wolverhampton Volkswagen.

The 21-year-old ‘petrol head’ joined the Bilston Road retailer in 2006 on work experience and impressed so much that he was offered an apprenticeship in 2007.

Matthew completed an intense training programme, through the Volkswagen Training Academy, to achieve his recent status and is now focusing on progressing his skills and qualifications.

His ultimate goal is to work at the Volkswagen’s state-of-the-art car plant in Wolfsburg. Speaking of this qualifications Matthew said: “I have enjoyed every minute of the course and would love to eventually work at Volkswagen’s HQ in Germany.

“I am very passionate about the Volkswagen range and I’m already in the process of doing up my third Volkswagen, which is a Golf Mark II, after which I want to tackle a classic Beetle.

“The motor industry is my life and it’s something I share with my dad. Last summer we spent time visiting the various Volkswagen factories in Germany and I feel this really helped to give me a greater insight into the precision and quality behind Volkswagen vehicles.

“I’m really grateful to Wolverhampton Volkswagen, because they have shown faith in my ability and continually support my ambitions.”

Wolverhampton Volkswagen’s service manager, Paul Robinson, said: “Matthew has worked diligently throughout his training programme and fully deserves to have reached the technician status.

“He is an excellent example to others and is already assisting our newest apprentice. We are confident that Matthew’s passion and enthusiasm will help him to reach his ultimate goal.”

It costs over £40,000 to train a candidate to technician status with further investment to continue developing as a technician.

For more information contact Sue Foster on 01902 714957 or email sue@connect-group.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment