Thursday 21 May 2009

TOP TECHNICIAN REACHES NEW HEIGHTS

An Exeter car technician is celebrating reaching the top of his profession after qualifying from a six-year national programme.

Mike Butler (38) recently gained his ‘master technician’ status after undergoing six years of intensive on-the-job training and assessments.

He joined Mann Egerton Volkswagen 15 years ago shortly after graduating from his apprenticeship, and has worked his way through Volkswagen Academy’s training programmes to reach his current level

Now one of the UK’s top Volkswagen technicians, he will pass on his experience to the Marsh Barton site’s apprentice technicians.

He said: “I am over the moon to I have reached the top of my profession and it’s extremely rewarding to know I can now pass on my knowledge and experience to the next generation of technicians.

“I’m very grateful to Mann Egerton Volkswagen for believing in me and for investing in my training.”

Mann Egerton Volkswagen’s after sales manager, Trevor Jackson, said: “Mike is thoroughly professional in his job and this qualification is reward for his efforts.

“The apprentices are lucky to have a technician of his calibre teaching them.”

It costs nearly £40,000 to train an apprentice through to technician status and a further £100,000 for a technician to reach the master technician level.

If you are interested in this story please contact Richard Knowles on 01902 714 957 or email richard@connect-group.com

No comments:

Post a Comment