Friday 23 July 2010

UNBELIEVABLE COMPETITION WINNER AT 81

A Crewe pensioner is celebrating after winning the Chronicle’s recent competition with Crewe Volkswagen.

Graham Wadkins (81) picked up his £400 cheque last week from Crewe Volkswagen’s brand manager, Ken Potter.

The competition was launched after a couple were spotted in June observing two posters near Crewe railway station and asking passers-by to take photographs of themselves with the posters in the background.

The ‘Unbelievable Value’ campaign posters from Crewe Volkswagen got the unknown couple hooked, so the retailer teamed up with the Chronicle for the competition.

Born and bred in Crewe, Graham, who worked as a joiner for nearly 50 years before retiring, said: “To win this is unbelievable, a bit like the posters that started the competition.

“I’m delighted to win as it means I can afford the odd little luxury. I can’t thank the Chronicle and Crewe Volkswagen enough for the prize and looking after me.

“I’m partially sighted and need to visit hospital regularly so the money will also help me get there and back.”

Ken said: “I couldn’t think of a more worthy winner than Graham. It was a pleasure to meet him and hand over the prize.”

No comments:

Post a Comment