Wednesday 19 May 2010

Ka-chow! Bodmin fast fitter brings cartoon hero to life!


A Bodmin fast fitter has become the talk of the town after transforming his treasured car into an iconic children’s cartoon hero.

Stuart Harris, who works at the West End based centre, has brought hotshot rookie racecar Lightening McQueen to life, following an imaginative re-design of his prized Suburu Impreza.

Local residents and passers-by are already stopping Stuart in the streets and he believes there is no vehicle like this in the whole of the UK – apart from on TV sets in family households.

Stuart, aged 20, has spent the last three months mimicking the red toy car design and has even emblazoned the lightning bolt on the side of the car and the Rust-eze sponsorship logo on the bonnet.

He said: “I never thought that my car would generate so much public interest. I am constantly getting stopped for people to take photos and driving around has certainly got me noticed.

“Originally I just wanted to create something different that would stand out against other Subaru graphic print designs.

“I never imagined that I would get a response like this; even kids stop me to have photos taken with their iconic toy car character. It’s been great.”

Justin Roberton, centre owner of HiQ Bodmin, said: “It has been a great project for Stuart to work on. As he completes most of the work on the car here at the garage, it has attracted attention from our customers and passers by. It is definitely something worth talking about.”

No comments:

Post a Comment