Monday 17 October 2011

EXCLUSIVE APPRENTICESHIP FOR COLTISHALL TEENAGER

A young motor enthusiast from Coltishall has embarked on an exclusive three-year training programme with the aim of becoming the best in the business.

Seventeen-year-old Sean Rose, has been accepted by Norwich’s Volkswagen Van Centre, Robinsons, as the latest recruit on the technician apprenticeship scheme.

Over the next three years Robinsons Van Centre will invest nearly £40,000 to train Sean through to technician status.

The dedicated apprentice successfully completed a motor mechanics course at City College Norwich to increase his automotive knowledge and employment opportunities and is now looking forward to achieving his ambition of working in the motor industry.

He said: “I am very pleased to have secured my apprenticeship and grateful to Robinsons Van Centre for giving me this chance.

“My uncle was a car mechanic and I believe this started my passion for the motor industry. Alongside the apprenticeship I will be utilising my new skills to renovate an old car I have recently bought.”

Robinson Van Centre’s service manager, Steve Scott, said: “Sean demonstrated great enthusiasm for the industry and this is one of the main reasons why he’s been given the place on the apprenticeship programme.

“We are confident he will come through the three years with flying colours.”

For more information contact Sue Foster on 01902 714 957 or email sue@connect-group.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment