Tuesday 27 September 2011

ALTRINCHAM MAN CELBRATES TWO DECADES IN INDUSTRY

An Altrincham man is celebrating after reaching a major career milestone.

Alister Stones, who works at Gilbert Lawton Volkswagen on Manchester Road, has chalked up 20 years in the motor industry, most of which have been with Volkswagen.


The 42-year-old (above) originally trained as a joiner and then financial advisor, before he took up a sales role in the automotive industry working alongside his mum. He is now the brand manager at Gilbert Lawton Volkswagen.

Alister puts his long length of service down to people he has worked with over the years, the ever changing nature of the automotive industry and of course the tutoring he had from working with his mum.

He said: “The time has just flown by. I thoroughly enjoy working with cars and I’m glad I’ve been able to progress a career I enjoy.

“Everyone at Gilbert Lawton Volkswagen has congratulated me on reaching this landmark and I’m looking forward to celebrating many more years to come.

“The ever changing nature of the job ensures I’m kept busy and I look forward to going to work every day. That’s not something everyone can say.”

No comments:

Post a Comment