Tuesday 3 May 2011

ALTRINCHAM APPRENTICE TAKES FIRST STEP ON CAREER LADDER

A young car enthusiast from Altrincham has embarked on three-year apprenticeship with the aim of becoming the best in the business.

Seventeen-year-old Tom Critchley has been accepted by Altrincham Volkswagen retailer Gilbert Lawton to be the latest recruit on the technician apprenticeship scheme.

Over the next three years Gilbert Lawton will invest nearly £30,000 to train Tom through to technician status.


Tom is now looking forward to achieving his ambition of working on Volkswagen vehicles.

He said: “I love all types of vehicles and this is the only job I have ever wanted to do. I am passionate about the Volkswagen brand and I want to go as far in my career as I can.

“I am over the moon to I be given this opportunity and very grateful to Gilbert Lawton Volkswagen for giving me this chance.”

Gilbert Lawton’s service manager, Mike Davies, said: “In the current economic climate, it’s important local businesses give youngsters the opportunity to learn and develop a career.

“Tom’s passion for cars was one of the main reasons why he’s been given this place on the apprenticeship programme.

“He may only be 17, but I’m confident Tom will come through the three years with flying colours.”

No comments:

Post a Comment