Friday 17 September 2010

DARTS FAN HITS THE BULLSEYE

A Somerset darts fan was all smiles after a chance encounter led to a game of arrows with one of the world’s best players.

Rob Burbridge from Axbridge shared the oche with world number three darts player James Wade, after attending the WD-40 stand at an Exeter trade show hosted by Toolbank.

He played a nine-dart shoot-out against James making the top four scores of the day with a 180. Rob then progressed to a final 501 game, beating James with double eight finish to win a WD-40 darts board, set of darts and case of WD-40 product.

After making the final, beating James and winning the prizes Rob said: “It was fantastic to play James and beat him, but he certainly showed his quality against me with a couple of 180s. I’m sure he missed a couple of doubles on purpose to give me a chance!

“I must thank Toolbank and WD-40 for giving me this opportunity, the prizes and also to James for passing on some tips on my throwing technique.”

David Whittome, WD-40’s head of marketing, said: “This was a great opportunity for amateur darts players and fans to test their skills against one of the best in the world.”

James added: “Playing against fans like Rob is brilliant and gives me chance to pass on tips to them.

“He threw some excellent darts and showed great composure to hit double eight!”

No comments:

Post a Comment