Wednesday 19 October 2011

EXCLUSIVE CLUB FOR STOCKPORT DUO

A Stockport retailer is celebrating as two of its staff join an exclusive club after being recognised for their outstanding services to the automotive industry.

Lily Heeley and Steve Simcock were presented with Volkswagen Gold Pins for exceptional and long service to the brand, at a recent ceremony in London.

The Volkswagen Gold Pin is the highest international accolade given by the brand to individuals. Only about 20 people are awarded the Gold Pin every year.

The duo have together served 50 years with Volkswagen and at Smith Knight Fay in Stockport, having both started as apprentices in 1986.

Lily, (41) from Stockport, is the new vehicle supply manager, while Steve, (41) from Hazel Grove, is the retailer’s master technician.

“I’m thrilled to have been awarded a Gold Pin, it’s a huge honour to be recognised by Volkswagen UK, said Lily.

“Both Steve and I started on apprenticeship schemes at the same time and it’s great to be sharing this success with him.”

Steve added: “I thoroughly enjoy my job and couldn’t have achieved this without the support of my colleagues.”

Smith Knight Fay Volkswagen’s brand manager, Paul Colman-Smith, said: “I am very proud to have two colleagues awarded a Gold Pin in the same year, it’s an exceptional achievement and my congratulations go to both Lily and Steve.

“I am delighted that their long service and high calibre of performance has been recognised nationally.”

No comments:

Post a Comment